PRINCE (1 of 2)

PRINCE – 4 live sets (1981-84)

A few months ago, ailment I got through a survey of the entire Prince catalogue. Do you have any idea how much time out of my life that took? What kind of a fool’s errand that was?!?!?!?!

My own fault, sildenafil really. One of those obsessive-compulsive acts of record nerddom. You know what that’s like…don’t you…?

Prince – Live, website like this Le Palace, Paris, 1981 (ZIP file)
Prince – His Royal Badness: New Orleans, Controversy Tour 1981 (ZIP file)
Prince – Live, Detroit, MI, Nov. 30, 1982 (ZIP file)
Prince – Flesh For Fantasy: Purple Rain Tour (ZIP file)

This entry was posted in Live Sharity. Bookmark the permalink.

826 Responses to PRINCE (1 of 2)

1. dryerase says:

Thanks Bret! Here’s a website that has the setlist for that Nov. 30 ’82 Detroit show:
    For anyone’s information…

2. Jim Donato says:

20 Years ago I used to muse on the possibility of having access to the Prince archives to weed out the considerable chaff, and thereby bringing a laser-like focus to the good material. Perhaps I would compile a really good boxed set from the saved material. But that was 20 years ago! I haven’t really thought of Prince since then.

3. king of england says:

Yeah. I ventured into similar territory, though in my case it was with Wesley Willis! Crap that’s a lot of “Rock over London”s!

4. James says:

Yep. But Prince is absolutely worth it.

5. caleb says:

cause at least he’ll jack u off.

6. Bob says:

I found this site last year looking for out of print “The Plugz” albums and love all of these interesting things I’ve never heard of…Thank you. And thank you for Prince…this is fantastic!

7. La Piazza Gancio says:

Many, amny thanks for sharing these very cool Prince shows. I’ve been looking for shows from this era for a l o n g time!

8. Adam says:

So great to hear the Dirty Mind era live show. That is still my favorite album of his. I’ve had a couple of these tracks before, but never the whole set. Thank you!

9. Adam says:

After giving these a few spins, I have to say that the Purple Rain tour is my favorite. Arrangements and performance seem at a peak. I saw and loved the Lovesexy tour but some of that music is forgettable.

10. Mister G says:

many thanks for all these Prince live rarities!
    Prince was phenomenal for about 10 years (78/88) but from the moment he put out the BATMAN soundtrack in 89 something went wrong to me! (he is still a great artist with a big A but not the genius from the early days!).
    my favourite lp’s from him are : FOR YOU, PRINCE, DIRTY MIND, CONTROVERSY and 1999

11. Mister G says:

Correct me if i’m wrong but i think the New Orleans show from the CONTROVERSY Tour was on February 28, 1982 and not in 1981!