NATIONAL LAMPOON RADIO HOUR (3 of 3)

NATIONAL LAMPOON RADIO HOUR — bigger archive, more about partial re-post (part 3 of 3), story + a bonus LP!!!! (1973-4)

Here’s the rest of what I have now in my collection, emergency along with a bonus: The 1974 “Official National Lampoon Stereo Test and Demonstration Record” LP, featuring folks like John Belushi and Chevy Chase!

National Lampoon – “The National Lampoon Radio Hour”, episodes #36-39, 41-42, 45-46 (ZIP file)
National Lampoon – “The National Lampoon Radio Hour”, episodes #47-52, 54-55, 57-59 (ZIP file)
National Lampoon – “The Official National Lampoon Stereo Test and Demonstration Record”, 1974 (ZIP file)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

729 Responses to NATIONAL LAMPOON RADIO HOUR (3 of 3)

1. Rich says:

Thanks so much for these. Amazing stuff, really.
    I don’t think there’s anything quite like it today.
    Much appreciated!

2. d.cat chopra says:

Thanks, man. You rule!

3. pete says:

Thank you!

4. Dwayne Erickson says:

I have been going through a National Lampoon re visiting myself lately–but the print side of things. I bought a book recently about the early days of Saturday Night LIve, by the guy that was the Non Franken half of the Franken and Davis comedy team, that lead to a biography of Doug Kenny, former editor of NL, and now , in The Comics Journal, there is a huge feature on another Editor and his quest to collect the ultimate pop cultural document on the 60′s in Comics form–

These audio shows are helping to fill in a lot of the blanks in this research blow out–thanks for such amazing documents–who said nothing interesting happened int the 70′s?

5. Larry Rudolph says:

Thanks I still remember listening to these Sunday nights on XRT

6. Brett Jackson says:

I haven’t been able to find these anywhere! Spectacular!

7. Bill Flynn says:

Thank You ,Man!
    This was at the time like Rock’n’Roll Comedy…When I heard the bit where a bunch of guys were waiting for something ,and when Sleigh Bells were heard-they strarted cocking their guns………
    Thanks again-Pure Gold Stuff!
    Bill

8. Sudsman says:

OMG, dude, you just made my decade! This totally brings back my misspent youth. I couldn’t wait till Sunday night to turn to our local album rock station and listen to the NLRH, sponsored by a local record/head shop. I subscribed to the magazine from 1973-1977 or so (sadly, all the mags are gone – thank goodness for the PDF stash), and had a number of their book compilations (Comics, Breast Of, etc.), also gone.

If only I could find the album Radio Dinner.

Anyway, thanks so much, man – you have no idea how awesome this is!

9. Friendly Neighborhood Schneiderman says:

I couldn’t get the first one to unzip (damn it) but awesome flashback material otherwise! I have some bits & pieces on cassette (yes cassette tape) but loved hearing some for the first time and others I’ve known & loved! If you could check out the first batch and repair / replace missing and / or corrupted files it would be even more awesomer!

P.S. sudsman, I think I may actually have Radio Dinner on vinyl…..

10. Don R. says:

Thank you! I have 22 cassette recordings from the original FM broadcast (44 shows) so will listen to these and see if there are any fill-ins I can post. Bad part is that they are from the days of analog FM and I lived about 45 miles from the broadcast station so there is occasional background static on some of the recordings.