EGG CITY RADIO’s PUNK/POST-PUNK FILM FEST!!!!

EGG CITY RADIO’S PUNK AND POST-PUNK FILM FEST!!!!

For my day job, website I’m one of the programmers at The Cinefamily, pharm a revival cinema in Los Angeles, and I’m proud to announce that on every Thursday in March and April, we’re having a full-on punk and post-punk film series!

The lineup is:
Thursday, March 5th – The Punk Rock Movie + The Blank Generation
Thursday, March 12th – Two Films about The Fall
Thursday, March 19th – Made In Sheffield + Shadowplayers
Thursday, March 26th – Urgh! A Music War + Debt Begins At Twenty
Thursday, April 2nd – Post-Punk Junk mix night
Thursday, April 9th – European Punk night (La Brune Et Moi + TBA)
Thursday, April 16th – Breaking Glass + Crash ‘N’ Burn
Thursday April 30th – Target Video tribute night

The full description of all the films can be found here. The theater is at 611 N. Fairfax Avenue, LA, CA, 90036.

For those in Los Angeles — check back here next week for some ticket giveaways!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

180 Responses to EGG CITY RADIO’s PUNK/POST-PUNK FILM FEST!!!!

1. SeasonInHeck says:

no cinema in the UK would run a series like that. which fucking sucks considering how many of those films are about bands from here. i’ve had a few beers so i apologise if this is rambling or whatever but right there i tried to think on any really good scottish post-punk bands. there aren’t that many. orange juice, i guess. or is that new wave? is it the same thing? does anyone care so long as its good? dog faced hermans? josef k? whatever the fuckin answer, one day i’m moving the fuck out of scotland and going somewhere sunny.

2. Jim Donato says:

SeasonInHeck: Lighten up! If it’s not Scottish – it’s CRAP! SO MANY of my fave postpunk bands have Scot roots. Simple Minds! (1st 6 albums are genius and definitely Postpunk) John McGeoch (genius guitarist of Magazine, Visage, PIL, Banshees & Armoury Show), Associates! The Rezillos! The Revillos! Cocteau Twins! Skids, Strawberry Switchblade, Altered Images, Berlin Blondes, Josef K/Paul Haig (yes!) The Blue NIle, Fiction Factory, Jesus & Mary Chain, Orange Juice (yes!), and hell even Midge Ure didn’t start sucking until around ’83! And for the record, I consider New Wave & Postpunk the same, but I shouldn’t. Postpunk should be for “art music” with New Wave saved for pop. But I love ‘em both.

3. Jim Donato says:

My god, that’s a h a r s h photo of Mark Smith. He’s not aging well…

4. Dwayne Erickson says:

I would like to add The Scars to Jim’s list–they are not known in the US, but they are a great post punk / art rock band ( they were punk for1 EP, but they had to much skill to stay that way)–Author ! Author ! is their only LP— one of my favorites for over 25 years now—

What a great day job–In the 70′s and early 80′s, the Uptown Theater in Minneapolis used to show double and triple features along the lines of what you are doing at your theater–so glad to see someone is showing the great under–shown films again. Video killed the rep house! I would love to see Breaking Glass on the big screen –I have a beat up VHS of it,and was luck to have found that–Keep up the great cultural gold mining–

5. Heather says:

La Brune et Moi is amazing! I was able to see it here in NYC a while back. Would anyone happen to have a bootleg copy of the soundtrack or something (like compiled all the songs themselves)? I would be most appreciative to get my hands on that! I wish I was in LA to go to this series.

6. SeasonInHeck says:

oh shit, i must have been drunk, i forgot JAMC. forget i said anything. apart from the sunshine thing. i’m serious about that.

7. Dwayne Erickson says:

OH, and a suggestion for your TBA under European Punk Night–Cha Cha Cha, with Herman Brood, Nina Hagen, Lene Lovich -Not the world’s greatest movie, but captures the times–very much like Breaking Glass. Nina is the best part of the movie.

8. Caleb says:

I live in Palm Springs but, I’ll definitely be making the drive for the Target Video tribute. Can’t wait.

9. chas_m says:

Well you’ve done the impossible — made me want to go to Los Angeles! :)

(just kidding, I usually visit LA about once a year!)

Glad to see that you not only have great taste in music, but also love cinema as I do. Zardoz — jiminy crickets, I thought I was the only person who remembered that pos!

I’ll order my LA friends to come out for URGH if not the entire series. Now if you could get your hands on some New Wave Theater episodes to screen … I’d book an actual plane ticket!

10. Charlie says:

So sad i have class Thursday nights
    damn

11. Yak says:

M a PuNk & pOsT PUnK jUNkiE! Thats why I devoted a web series 2 it. eNjoY!

The Rock Vlog Ep. 1 – “Morrissey’s Melancholy Music Vlog”

The Rock Vlog Ep. 2 “Danzig’s Vlog Of Death”