DEVO (part 2 of 2)

DEVO – rarities bonanza, ambulance part 2 of 2

More stuff! Anyone out there have any other comps to share that I don’t know about?

Devo – “Recombo DNA”, disc 1 (ZIP file)
Devo – “Recombo DNA”, disc 2 (ZIP file)
Devo – “Ultracore, 1974-77″ (ZIP file)

893 Responses to DEVO (part 2 of 2)

1. Will says:

Hi Scott. Thanks for such a great blog. I’ve got a request here though. Is there any chance you can post the soundtrack for the film Rumblefish? I’m dieing to hear it again

2. electrictometurn says:

I’m not sure if any of the Devo comps you posted has the complete “In The Beginning Is The End: The Truth About De-Evolution” soundtrack… it has some great rare stuff in it, including a really wild cover of the Beatles’ “Because.” I made an mp3 of the soundtrack off the Devo DVD… it’s posted up at ElectricToMeTurn on Blogspot if anyone is interested.

3. James says:

I’m not sure if this is included in any of the collections you’ve posted, but Devo (backed by Neil Young) covered “Hey Hey My My” in the film Human Highway. It’s incredible (and I have an mp3 of it already).

4. nikita coltrane says:

Bless you good sir, for posting Recombo DNA! I believe that was a Rhino Handmade release, was it not? I think that’s why I never bothered trying to find it, esp. considering I didn’t find out about it until long after it was issued and sold out.

5. grant evanoff says:

Great raw versions of some of my favs from this era

6. smoggo says:

There was a live album…freedom era (of course)…and maybe an official Warners release. I think it had a red cover and Mark substitutes the word “shit” or “shirt’ in “Can’t Get No Satisfaction”.
    I just know the tape, so it would be great if someone posted that.

another great post: a scan of the “recombo dna” booklet

7. Phill says:

Thanks Bret! The only stuff I have that you haven’t posted (I think) is the Now It Can Be Told: Devo Live At The Palace and a weird Enigma-era live album but my copies of those are on vinyl and cassette tape respectively.

Oh! I have Pioneers Who Got Scalped! It has quite a few soundtrack-only tracks. Let me know if you’d be interested in it.

8. Phill says:

I also have two Devo tribute albums- Mashin’ Potatoes and We Are Not Devo as well as live tracks by a cover band called Spudboys (probably available wherever it was I downloaded them from.

9. Phill says:

BTW, who’s Scott?

10. Shoegeezer says:

How about that album by The Visiting Kids, they were kids of Devo members and did a very strange and poppy album- that Devo play all over. Love to hear that again.

11. Xopher.tm says:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! The Visiting Kids! Would LOVE to have that! I know that the Trylobites single is on one of the Radio Tokyo comps that I used to have. One of my favorite songs ever.

They’re all dead today
    They’re all fossil fuel…

I would be forever grateful if someone could find even that one track.

12. MEB* says:

Simply amazing site. Woke up early today and via 75 cents or less web site found this and went crazy. Downloaded all this great DEVO stuff, some Cpt. Beefheart stuff I didn’t have, the Buzzcocks, and was blown away by the Scratch Acid & Chrome stuff. You have given me a very, very Happy Valentine’s Day. Peace out, Brother Man. Keep doing musical justice! – MEB*

13. Moomintroll says:

Thanks so much for the website!

14. Roberto says:

thanks for this great stuff,i missed firs time,you made me happy!