MINIMAL SYNTH COMPILATIONS (part 2 of 7)

Holy shit, this site my band´s tour is keeping me so busy that I haven´t been able to log into my admin for a whole week! Yes, heard the election news, and am pleased. Also heard about voters in my home state of California striking down gay marriage yet again, through Proposition 8. Yikes. Now my boyfriend can´t get into that green card marriage with that straight guy from Singapore (his best friend´s “friend of the family”) who was gonna pay him 10 grand to pretend to be his husband (I´m actually not joking about this.)

VARIOUS ARTISTS – minimal synth compilations (part 2 of 7)

Bands featured in this post include: Cybotron, Polyphonic Size, Visgae, John Bender, Zyx, Bene Gesserit, Cortex, Absolute Body Control, Neon, Iko ’83 and more.

Various Artists – “A Tribute To Flexipop, Vol. #6″ (ZIP file)
Various Artists – “A Tribute To Flexipop, Vol. #7″ (ZIP file)
Various Artists – “A Tribute To Flexipop, Vol. #8″ (ZIP file)
Various Artists – “A Tribute To Flexipop, Vol. #9″ (ZIP file)
Various Artists – “A Tribute To Flexipop, Vol. #10″ (ZIP file)

693 Responses to MINIMAL SYNTH COMPILATIONS (part 2 of 7)

1. fritzthecat says:

Blimey. Some very interesting stuff in there!
    FYI, Vol #8 seems to be corrupted
    Thanks for this, I always like discovering forgotten stuff

2. The Iko ’83 LP is killer. I have a rip of the whole thing if you’re so inclined.

The John Bender stuff is also rad, but there was a little John Bender renaissance a few months ago and I think all of those albums are available for download.

3. Brian Hall says:

Brilliant! Vol. 8 is corrupted, but a minor problem when the sheer volume of music is this great. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Looking forward to future volumes.

4. Baal of Confusion says:

Try using an archive tool like IZArc on Voume 8. I was able to retrieve the files with no problem.

5. teo says:

nobody is like you!

6. fritzthecat says:

Yes you are right, I can unzip volume 8 on the command line.

On a Mac, open Terminal (Application/Utilities), type “unzip “, with a space, then drag the zip file onto the Terminal window and click return.

7. Brian Hall says:

I tried using Terminal on my Mac. The files appeared in the Terminal window, but I don’t see the MP3s anywhere. Where would they go?

8. fritzthecat says:

If you just opened Terminal and did nothing else with it, they files should go to your home directory

9. alexb says:

Great stuff!!! I also had problems with #8. tried fritzthecat’s advice but to no avail. Still so much to filter through. Thanks.

10. Brian Hall says:

thank you fritzthecat. I found them.

11. JMD says:

From where did the “city” photo for this post come? I like it.

12. Jim Donato says:

Well, I’m running 10.5.5 and tried the Terminal unzip as directed – nothing happened. The corrupted Zip file is still sitting in my downloads folder with nothing in my home folder. Normal unzip procedure says “error 1 – operation not permitted.” Anyone else have some thoughts? I’m looking forward to getting some new obsessions from this lot. I recognize a few of the names from back in the day. I was trying to find “Absence of Canary” since day 1. And missed the vinyl reissue until it was too late! Yes, I’m that old.

13. Jim Donato says:

Duh – I guess I needed to hit the return key! Color me embarrassed. Let this be a lesson to all you kids and a warning to all you adults – finish reading all instructions.

14. des says:

Fantastic post – many, many thanks.

I also had problems with track 9 and though I did manage to extract a file using Terminal it is still corrupt and unplayable.

The relevant reading from terminal is:
    inflating: Tribute To Flexi-Pop #08/09. ende sneafliet – session zeitgeist.mp3 bad CRC 3a2db84b (should be 83b60bf1).

Thanks again

15. englishfog says:

Thanks. It seems to be a problem with tracks “9″. In Vol 7 there is no track 9, and in Vol 8 the track 9 is corrupted!! I will appreciate If you can upload only these tracks in other file. Thanks again.