KRZYSZTOF KOMEDA (part 1 of 2)

KRZYSZTOF KOMEDA – some stuff (part 1 of 2)

Komeda was one of the driving forces in Polish jazz in the 1960s, sales and did genius scores for Roman Polanski’s “Knife In The Water”, “Cul-De-Sac”, “The Fearless Vampire Killers” and “Rosemary’s Baby”.

My personal favorite work of his is included here, “The Fearless Vampire Killers”, worth the download for the title theme alone. Also included is the music from a Polish play called “Åšniadanie U Tiffaniego”, and tracks from “Cul-De-Sac”.

Sorry this post is short on biographical info — I’m getting knocked on my ass with work committments at the moment, and I’m trying my best to wrap things up for myself before I leave town for 6 weeks.

Krzysztof Komeda – “Åšniadanie U Tiffaniego” (ZIP file)
Krzysztof Komeda – “Cul-De-Sac”(ZIP file)
Krzysztof Komeda – “The Fearless Vampire Killers” (ZIP file)

619 Responses to KRZYSZTOF KOMEDA (part 1 of 2)

1. Eli Figbranch says:

Just want to commend you for doing such an excellent job here. I’ve found more variety of interesting music discussed here than I have in whole decades of trying to sort through major labels over-hyped releases and misinformation campaigns. You operate in the service of the advancement of music and I thank you for that. And “Vampire Killers” is a great sndtk.

2. Sem Sinatra says:

What a joy to find someone appreciating the music of Krzysztof Komeda. He is still sorely underrated, despite having scored the music for many Roman Polanski films. My love affair with his music has been long and finding his music used to be very hard. Thankfully it has become easier to hear over the years. His music for the Polanski film ‘Cul de Sac’ is a perfect accompaniment to an excellent film. It’s sad he died so young. Thanks for shining the spotlight on him again.

3. John says:

4. jøe says:

thanks alot! ive been trying to find this music since i first saw the short:
    “two men and a wardrobe”

5. The House of Wrong says:

Serious, serious appreciation for your time and effort in uploading this wonderful, disparate and majestic music by a genuine Jazz pioneer. His work cannot easily be extracted from Polanski’s work and like many aspects in art, both Komeda & Polanski will remain synonymous for years to come. However, as has already been said, it’s infinitely easier to locate his music these days and I’m just beginning to enjoy Komeda for the first time alone and apart from the Polanski dynamic. Your contribution to this is noted so thank you so very much! And of course, it’s completely impossible to forget that intro music accompanying the credit sequence of Vampire Killers. This movie with it’s gently skewed scoring, changed the course of my life at 14. Massive thanks.

6. Juan Calles says: