BAD DOG RADIO MASSACRE

NOTE: Messed-up link fixed as of 2:00P, health system PST, July 22nd

BAD DOG RADIO MASSACRE – “DOG POUND FOUND SOUND” (199?)

Don’t ask me to explain this, but somehow I acquired this two-hour set of dogs yelping while being imprisoned at the pound. I can’t find the original cover art for this anywhere on the Web, but it was explained to me by a fellow record collector that it did exist as a legit CD release at one time, for he saw this sitting in the library of a Midwestern college radio station back in the ’90s. This is as freaky to listen to for extended periods of time as the Conet Numbers Project stuff.

Bad Dog Radio Massacre – “Dog Pound Found Sound” 2xCD (ZIP file)

619 Responses to BAD DOG RADIO MASSACRE

1. Milhouse says:

Love the anti-spam word.
    A recent Frank Zappa dvd release, “The Torture Never Stops”–taken from two shows on Halloween 1981–shows the marquee at the NYC Palladium from the time he was performing there. The other two acts on the marquee are Von LMO and Jerry Garcia!

2. Emerson says:

Hey, like Metal Machine Music but with dogs. Another “No Soap Radio” to marvel over.

3. Rhayader says:

To bad about all the background noise. Otherwise it was pretty interesting.

4. Xopher.tm says:

My dog hates this.

5. Matt says:

The picture of this dog breaks my heart.

6. illlich says:

I work spitting distance from a dog pound; I get to hear this nearly every day, live, just by walking outside.

Good times.

7. Andrew says:

The Believer magazine had a short, informative review of this record in their last music issue!

8. RedDye6 says:

This was actually released twice (both times for free, directly from Claude Matthews) but with different cover art. I interviewed Claude and reviewed the discs for Tower Records weekly email newsletter Epulse, of all places, back in the early ’90s. I still have the old info, if anyone is interested: michael.woodring@gmail.com

9. milton parker says:

this record is legendary. you had to mail claude a single sentence explaining why you wanted to hear it, and he’d mail you a free copy if he liked your answer.

the packaging of my copy is a beautiful booklet filled mainly with various pictures of the 1969 moon landing.

10. Josh Carr says:

This record would top the Heavy Rotation lists at my college radio station, WRSU, back in 1996 or 1997. Thx for the rip!